Writing Garden Room
This cosy garden room was purposefully built for a writer to enjoy the quietness of the garden and feel the warmth of the fire whilst she worked on her many novels.
The building was designed by Aroha Escapes whilst working on the specifications and colour scheme chosen by the client.
One of the main features of the garden room is the external weatherboard from Marley Eternit. This board is made up from fibre cement and comes in a range of 30 colours. This type of finish has become very popular amongst our clients due to the range of benefits such as; resistant to rot, no painting or warping, no maintenance or upkeep required, stands up to the harshest weather and with a wood effect board looks very similar to a well painted timber building.
Here is the specifications of this building:
Footprint 4m x 3.5m
· Height to highest point 3.7m high (ridge) 2.4m (eaves)
· Pitch roof with corrugated steel sheets (RAL 7016)
· Cedral Weatherboard for exterior cladding (Blue Grey C10)
· Side windows to the either side of the garden room at the gable ends 500mm x 2.1m
· Double French doors with side window panels (White frames)
· Inside walls to be plaster boarded
· Plaster skimmed finish
· White paint finish inside
· Chipboard flooring
· 500mm x 4m decking (dark composite cladding decking)
· Base to be built on concrete posts in the ground. Garden room will be 100mm off ground level.
· Internal electrics added:
– 6 x Down lights on track x 1
– One switch
– Double sockets added x 3
– Fuse spur for radiator
– Mezzanine added. 2m x 2.3m.